Thursday, July 22, 2010

Hurryupandsit

I can't help but feel that a large part of my VISTA year so far has been hurryupandsit in meetings/trainings. Many of the meetings/trainings are useful and I get to meet cool people, learn new things, and eat free tasties, but it's frustrating to be nagged by my ever growing and fun filled to-do list while I'm trying to enjoy the food and company at a lunch meeting. Yet I am learning so much of networking that takes place over a meal is crucial to program development and partnerships that I cannot dismiss them in favor of my to-do list.

Yesterday was such a day where I had to sit in more meetings than planned and so I didn't get as much done as I wanted to, so today I had to miss a networking meeting to get my tasks done before Beth (supervisor) needed it for her meeting with a Dean. So it goes. What Claudine and I got done on the BCSL annual report, though, was really cool. I am a graphics nerd and love projects like these. What made it extra fun was trying to get it done by the deadline--some days I really enjoy working within time constraints. Here are the front page designs we came up with (and I suspect Claudine is downstairs making last minute changes as I type):

New graphic element, black and white

New graphic element, school approved colors


Old graphic element, school approved colors

Our theme is "Beyond the Bubble" and I'm really excited about some of the graphic things we're doing with it.

Now! To tackle more time sensitive to-do list items before Enterprise comes to pick me up for my car rental for tomorrow's Benefit Bank training observation.

Ready, set, go!

No comments:

Post a Comment