Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Whoosh

It has been a whirlwind of activity at my desk lately....which justifies how it looks (I seriously need to acquire some 3-ring binders...).  I've been crunching numbers on data, bothering people for data, and compulsively checking my Google surveys to see how many people have replied.  The exciting news is I have a hunch all my data collection is paying off (stay tuned for more news), and the less exciting news is now I have to compile all the data reports.   Spreadsheets, pie charts, and numerals are the life of the Data Collection Coordinator.

In non-data news, Oberlin Community Services was awarded a grant from OBB for tax season.  Hooray for money for sturdy new tables!  I was down at the OCS food distribution this Saturday publicizing my tax clinics and I can confirm that some of the tables are in pretty bad shape.

To do:
1.  Clean desk and compile better to-do list
2.  Make OBB certifiates for private reading students
3.  Update email lists on who has responded to my surveys
4.  Complete follow-up paperwork for OCS grant
5.  Scan in books for WT readings.

Also, here is a neat quiz on poverty stats.  Fill it out--maybe you'll learn something!

No comments:

Post a Comment