Friday, September 10, 2010

Today I am off leading my second OBB counselor training, this time at the North Ridgeville Public Library. Hooray for short and sweet half-hour commutes! Hopefully I will remember everything I want to say and become officially certified as an OBB Community Trainer. This would be super useful, since I want to start training Oberlin College students...

In other news, Christina and I have been furiously tabulating all the feedback from Day of Service. Today is Christina's last day. By Monday she will be settled back home in Washington D.C. working her own Americorps position. Yay Christina!

In honor of Christina, here are some cool links she passed on to me for blog fodder. Both are related to education and the town of Oberlin:



Also related to education and the town of Oberlin are Andy Frantz's Education Discussion lunches! (Did you catch that snazzy transition? I am the queen of subtle this morning.) It's a time for talk and discussion about education, teaching, and tutoring. He's having his second one of the year this upcoming Monday, September 13th. It will take place in Wilder 112 starting at 12 noon and going until 1:15 p.m. A tasty lunch will be served, so be sure to RSVP to Andy at Andy.Frantz @ oberlin.edu

No comments:

Post a Comment