Friday, November 5, 2010

Events!

For the first 3 months of my job, I was often out of the office traveling.  Now that I have traveled enough to be sufficiently trained in all my tasks.....I'm in the office all the time.  It takes some re-adjusting.  I used to be thrilled at the chance to stay in the office and get work done.  Now I'm experiencing a bit of cabin fever, so I'm starting to look around for things to do on campus.  Here are some events to get out and say hello to people!


Education Discussion Lunch:  Apollo Outreach Initiative
Monday, Nov. 8th at noon in Wilder 112
Lunch provided!  Email Andy.Frantz @ oberlin.edu to RSVP


Community Forces, Social Capital, and Educational Achievement: The Case of Suppleentary Education in the Chinese and Korean Immigrant Communities in the US
Presented by D. Min Zhou, Professor of Sociology and Asian American Studies at University of California, Los Angelos
Monday, Nov. 8th at noon in King 306


Brown Bag Lunch with Sam Weller, writer and biographer of Ray Bradbury
Wed, November 10 at noon in Wilder 101

Cookies and Cider provided as part of the community-wide BIG READ.  Bring your copy of Fahrenheit 451 with you for a fun door prize. 



It Gets Better:  A discussion of problems and possibilities for LGBTQ youth
Thursday, November 11th, at 4:30 p.m. in Wilder 101
MRC sponsored event for My Name is My Own 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment