Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

The BCSL is quiet today---the majority of the staff are off enjoying the holiday, traveling, and prepping the kitchen. I hope to get some emails, reports, and a grant taken care of before I head home to curl up with my blankets, knitting, laptop, comics, and to-do list (I know, I know...but it's stuff I've wanted to get done for a while). It is a good day for posting a list, because they are quick, easy, and delightfully to-the-point.

Things I am Thankful For
1. I work in a job I love.
2. The job I love makes a positive difference in the world.
3. The job I love lets me live in a town I love.
4. The town I love contains people that I love.
5. Today, all my basic needs are met.
6. I will be sharing a hearty Thanksgiving meal with good company.
7. The air coming out of the BCSL vent is warm and not cold. (or at least it is room temperature)
8. I get to make lists like these as part of my job.
9. I have hot tea.
10. The chair I am going to be sitting in all day is comfortable and has back support.

No comments:

Post a Comment