Friday, January 21, 2011

Etiquette

Sarah and I have decided to put together a presentation on office etiquette for our Winter Term students, since we're supposed to be helping them develop professionally.  Since it's a reasonably boring topic ("Here is a list of advice") I'm trolling the internet for some goofy pictures to enhance the presentation.

As an artist, I'm a pretty big believer in using images to communicate and entertain.  I like to include comics and doodles on all my meeting agendas; it's always nice to start the meeting with a laugh and share some of the work that inspires me.  I have found my life to be richer when I actively include making art and looking at art in my daily activities, so it has been a challenge translating this to the work environment so most of it has happened during the off-hours.  I love when small projects like  these allow me to do for work what I do for fun.

Dave Kellet doodle, of Sheldon fame.  www.sheldoncomics.com

No comments:

Post a Comment