Monday, August 16, 2010

Google Alerts

To educate myself, I've recently signed myself up for Google Alerts set to receive notifications of articles and blogs including the keywords "poverty" and "ohio poverty."  I've just finished reading my alerts for this past weekend, and here are my favorites from the lot:

Principal's War on Poverty Helping Test Scores
An uplifting tale of a town pulling together to help those who need it

Measuring Poverty (10): Multidimensional Poverty
An article describing a proposed solution to the debate of how to best measure poverty with statistics and numbers

They're known as 'the 99ers,' and their numbers are growing in Ohio and nationwide
Stories of elderly people and their social security payments

Roots of World Poverty Misunderstood
An investigation of poverty worldwide

No comments:

Post a Comment