Monday, August 30, 2010

Random Monday

Incoming Freshman: It's not too late to sign up for the 14th annual Day of Service! (you may also fill out page 57 of the Big Book of Forms).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome freshman and Baby Bonners!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Today is Random Monday, because I am not quite coherent enough for a blog post with a beginning, middle, and end. (Idea stolen from YarnHarlot.ca)

1. I spent several days tabling for the Benefit Bank at the Lorain County Fair. I had a lot of fun talking to my fellow tabelers about such things as pig farms, tattoos, the history of Elyria, and the Bee Barn. We handed out a lot of literature encouraging people to check their eligibility, but didn't do so many quick checks or applications.

2. I went to the Cleveland meeting of Voices for Ohio's Children. Hopefully I'll be able to make that another post, because I'd really like to share what I learned.

3. But first I should clean my car and find all the hand-outs they gave us.

4. I went to my first Second Harvest Farmer's Market. Or rather, I learned the difference between the two Oberlin Roads that run parallel to each other but end in radically difference places in the county. I showed up embarrassingly late and frustrated, only to be completely charmed by the Ohio Benefit Bank van crew, Russell and Erin.

5. I seriously need to investigate a GPS.

6. Welcome Baby Bonners!!! And welcome freshman! The possibilities are endless. :)

7. I forget what 7 was supposed to be.

8. The LEADS Economic Challenge happened on Friday. I was thrilled to see the game come to life, and I can't wait to add in the suggestions I got to the rules for when the Baby Bonners play it.

9. Tomorrow Sam (Second Harvest North Central VISTA) and I leave for Columbus for the big Benefit Bank conference.

10. I'm hoping that as my thoughts about this whole poverty thing coalesce, my blog posts will become more coherent. I can't help but feel the reflections and discussions I am leading are scattered because my own thoughts are so scattered.

No comments:

Post a Comment